|Website Menu and FAQs|
The website menu appears on the left side of the page and is divided into nine topics:
- Market Data
Intraday and closing data for all TASE-traded securities and products: shares, government and corporate bonds, convertible securities (warrants and convertible bonds), TASE indices, Index linked notes, and derivatives.
Clicking on the name of the security or product in the market data table opens a "product page", which includes key data, price charts, a link to historical prices download, and links to regulatory filings from the MAYA website (Hebrew), to a corporate profile (English), key financial data (English) and to the Corporate Actions database (English).
Descriptions of the products traded on TASE.
- Trading & Clearing
Trading – Description of TASE's proprietary trading system – TACT as well as information on short sales and TASE market makers
Clearing – Description of TASE clearing houses and services for non-traded securities (NESHER)
Information regarding corporate public offerings and various TASE-traded products, the maintenance rules, suspension and renewal of trading and the TASE regulatory filing website (MAYA).
- News and Events
Press releases, board resolutions and TASE announcements.
Links to quarterly and annual reviews as well as to the TASE corporate fact sheet.
Daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reviews and articles published by the TASE Research Unit. Under this menu one can also find various statistical tables.
- Rules & Regulations
Clearing and Settlement Rules and Regulations, Trading Rules and Regulations, Membership Rules and Regulations), Derivatives (MAOF) and Indices Rules and regulations, Derivatives Profile, Derivatives By-laws) and Publication of information and price list
- About TASE
An overview of TASE, its mission and strategy, organizational structure, TASE members, its financial statements, capital market regulation, holiday schedules, contact information for third-party data vendors and information regarding the TASE visitor center, including a map and directions.
Clicking on the menu tab brings one to the next level menu. Clicking on the subject brings one to the desired content or an additional level menu. If there is no next level, clicking on the menu tab brings one directly to the content page.
In addition, one can find FAQ pages on the site for the following topics:
|Market Data Search|
There are two ways in which to access market data regarding the securities and products traded on TASE:1. Searching data from the search box at the top of the page
- Choose the relevant search criterion (security, company, popular, symbol, ISIN, index, derivative, mutual fund) in the search box directly to the left of the "Data Search" box located in the top ruler bar under the ticker tape banner. To view the options, click on the arrow on the box.
- After selecting the search criterion ("company", for example), click on the "Data Search" box (empty box), which will open a list of the relevant choices under the selected search criterion (in our example, a list of all TASE-listed companies).
- The name of the company will be completed automatically as the name is keyed in (optional).
- Activate the search for the relevant data by clicking "search data".
- The results page will display the relevant data table for the search that was conducted.
- Clicking on the name of the security brings one to the relevant product information page.
2. Navigating from the Main Menu
- Click on the "Market Data" tab, which will open the next level menu which lists the types of TASE-listed securities and products.
- Click on the relevant product type and a next-level menu will open, which enables one to:
- conduct a targeted search like a search launched from the search box at the top of the page;
- select "market data" and receive an interactive table summarizing various data regarding the securities comprising the selected product type.
- Clicking on the name of the security brings one to the relevant product information page.
Which search method should one choose?
- If you are looking for specific data regarding a particular security, the search box at the top of the page is your best bet.
- If you wish to receive an entire list of relevant summary data for a particular asset class or product category, it is advisable to conduct the search through the main menu.
- In addition, one can use the advanced search option located on the far right at the top of the page.
|Free text search|
To conduct a text search on the TASE website, type the desired keyword in the "Text Search" box located in the ruler bar at the top of the page and click on the "Text Search" button.
The results page will display all the pages on which the key word is mentioned. Clicking on the name of the page brings one to the desired content page
Supplementing the text search, the advanced search screen facilitates targeted searches for market data pertaining to all TASE-traded securities and products.
Advanced securities searches
Through the advanced search screen, one can view all securities included in a given grouping (for example, all shares or shares in a specific industry grouping) and can search specific securities or indices:
- To search all securities of a certain type – select the desired "type of product" (shares, indices, etc.) and click on the "search" button.
- To search all securities included in an industry grouping or an index in one of the product groupings - select the "type of product" and its "secondary classification".
- To search a specific security – select the product type and secondary grouping and then select the specific product in third, "choose security from list", box.
Advanced Text Search
In this section, one can search website content according to various criteria, including:
- Exact phrase
- An expression containing at least one of the key words
- Type of file
- Date last updated
and can sort results by either relevance or date.
|TASE website frame structure|
The website frame is comprised of three fixed sections:
- Upper window
- TASE logo
- Ticker tape of indices and shares
- English/Hebrew language buttons (upper right hand corner)
- Text and data search boxes
- Section Two
- "My TASE" personal portfolio
- Click through to TASE "Corporate Actions" database
- Website main menu
- Click through to useful web pages for various target audiences
- Bottom Section
The center section of each page displays various pages prompted by navigating or searching the website.
|Home page structure|
The home page is consists of the website frame (which appears on each page of the website) and from the center section on which the following can be found:
- Indices and Most Active (center of the page under the search box ruler)
- TASE Indices tab – changes in the key TASE indices throughout the trading day and at closing. Clicking the icon at the right margin of a given row summons the price fluctuation graph for the index for that trading day with options to view daily price fluctuations for various other time frames (one month , three months, one year). By clicking the name of the index one accesses the "index information page" (i.e. the "product description" page for the index).
- "Most Active" tab – the most actively traded shares according to trading volume and the shares with the largest gains and losses for the day.
- TASE Corporate Fact Sheet – (center of the page under the Indices and Most Active) click through to a summary fact sheet about the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Latest Messages (right margin under the search box ruler)
Roller containing news headlines linked to press releases and latest announcements. Clicking on a headline summons the full text of the announcement.
- Various click-throughs to the other website pages (page footer).
The virtual "ticker tape" (the ticker) on the TASE website is the continual display of price change data for key TASE indices and TA-25 share prices. Clicking on the name of an index brings one to a detailed summary information page covering that index and clicking on the name of a share brings one to the relevant TASE company page.
Icons on the left side of the ticker
- Pencil – personalization of the ticker to the securities listed in a user's "My TASE" portfolio (requires registration to "My TASE". Clicking the icon brings one to the edit "edit my ticker" page, on which one may select whether the indices will run with the TASE-25 shares or with the "My TASE" portfolio shares.
- Window – clicking this icon opens the ticker in a separate window. In this manner, the ticker can remain open even after existing the TASE website. In addition, the ticker also displays the latest announcements of TASE-listed companies from the MAYA website.
- Question Mark – brings one to the Ticker Help Page.
Did You Know?
The term "ticker tape" refers to the print out from teleprinters used by stock exchanges to automatically report prices and transactions to brokers via typed messages. The term ticker originates from the noise made by the machines. The "ticker tape" machine was debuted at the New York Stock Exchange in 1867. Prior to this year, information was delivered either by courier or post.
|TASE for beginners|
TASE is a private company established by its member bank and brokerage houses in 1953, for the purpose of organizing and servicing securities trading in Israel. Located today at Ahad Haam Street 54 in Tel Aviv, TASE operates automated trading systems for all traded securities: shares, convertible securities, bonds, T-bills, Index linked notes and derivatives.
|Does TASE have Rules & Regulations? And if so, do they allow the TASE to set guidelines?|
The law requires the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, as a condition for obtaining a license, to implement rules. The rules must be approved by the Israel Securities Authority and the Minister of Finance.
The TASE Board of Directors may amend the TASE Rules. The change requires the approval of the Israel Securities Authority, who in turn submits a notice of the change in to the Minister of Finance. The change takes effect ten days after the date the notice is delivered, unless the Minister of Finance states his objection to the change before the end of the said period. Changes in the regulations pursuant to the TASE rules require the approval of the Israel Securities Authority.
The rules and regulations of the TASE include, among other things, rules regarding: TASE members, listing of securities for trading, trade suspensions and maintenance rules, trading on the TASE, publication of information by the TASE, and the commissions the TASE collects.
|Trading Days and Holidays|
| ||Market Data, Securities and Foreign Currency Categories|
|Looking for a certain cross section of securities or foreign currencies?|
It is possible to search securities according to preset categories by navigating the main menu – clicking on the first item on the menu, "Market Data" opens the next level menu on which the various types of products traded on TASE are listed.
Clicking on the type of product opens an additional menu level on which one may select "Market Data" and receive a data table classified according to different types of securities included in the selected product type.
|Viewing intraday market data|
One may view intraday transaction data only for the current trading day, up until the beginning of the following trading day.
For historical intraday data, contact one of the data vendors dealing in TASE market data.
|Data dissemination – intraday data|
To receive intraday data for TASE-traded products, contact to one of the data vendors dealing in TASE market data.
Use of data
|Data dissemination – end-of-day raw data files|
On the "Market Data > File Distribution
" menu, one can find raw data in ASCII format, which contain information on TASE-listed companies, traded securities, end-of-trading day statistics, the composition of indices, changes in capital listed for trade, etc.
The raw data files are called "Data Type". These files can be downloaded by clicking the relevant row in the "uncompressed" column (".tas" format). The same files can be downloaded in a "zip compressed" format as well.
For the purpose of deciphering data in a data file, one can view "in the structure data type column" (".def" file) listing all data types by clicking on the name of data type requested (left column).
A picture of the screen depicting the format of the table follows:
Data Type" is constructed as a series of alpha-numeric characters. In order to decipher the various fields one must divide the series of numbers according to the field length definitions in the relevant ".def" file. It is subsequently possible to decipher each field separately according to type.
Payment-based download of data files
The download of data files other than those available for free download is subject to payment.
The list of Available Data Files can be accessed through Market Data> Raw Data
Details regarding payment can be found on the TASE Price List
To purchase access to files, e-mail email@example.com
Use of data
|Foreign currency exchange rates|
|Real Time vs. Delayed Data|
| ||Product Description Pages|
|What is a product description page?|
A "product description page" is a page containing relevant summary information regarding a product (type of security) traded on TASE. Clicking the name of a given security on any data table on the site takes one to the relevant product description page.
- "TASE-traded companies" pages contain basic information about a specific company, market data on its securities, the indices in which the security is included, graphs and historical data, turnover statistics and click through referrals to financial statements and corporate disclosures from the MAYA (online corporate announcements) website (Hebrew only) and the Corporate Actions database (English).
- "Index pages" contain key information regarding a given index, a description of the index and its constituent securities, additional TASE-traded products for which the index is an underlying product, graphs, historical data and the latest disclosures filed by constituent companies from the MAYA website (Hebrew only).
- "Product description pages" are defined for all TASE products, including: Israel government bonds, index linked notes, options and futures and mutual funds.
|How can one access historical price data|
The options for viewing or downloading historical prices data:
- Historical data can be downloaded from the TASE website (explanation follows) separately for each security, from the year 2000 onwards, for free. This applies solely to securities which are currently TASE-traded.
- Derivatives Historical Data
- Information regarding delisted securities
- To obtain historical data for the period preceding 2000, or for securities not currently traded or for cross-sectional data, please contact TASE data vendors.
- Students – pre-2000 historical data can be found in the libraries associated with the faculties of business administration and economics.
Downloading historical data from the TASE website
- In the top section of the TASE website – one can conduct a search on any TASE-traded security (after typing the first few letters, a list completing the name will appear automatically).
- On the results page, click on the name of the security
- This will lead to the company page:
Clicking on the "historical prices" tab on the company page leads to the screen which enables the presentation of historical data according to the following:
- Historical prices – prices, trading volume and end-of-day data from 2000 to present;
- Intraday price data – transaction data during the last trading day
- Off-exchange transactions
- Miscellaneous queries:
- Trading halts for a period
- High/low prices for a period
- Average price for a period
- To download the desired historical data, select:
- Period of time
- Frequency of data
- Type of data
- Press the "Display Data" button
- A data table will appear at the bottom of the screen
- To download the data to your computer, click on the "Export Table Data" and save the file on your computer in one of the following formats:
|Where can one view a company's principal shareholders?|
- In order to view a list of a given company's principal shareholders one must access the company page.
- In the company page, select the "Profile" tab.
- The pie chart gives the holdings of principal shareholders, institutional investors and the public (free float). Under the pie chart there is a click through link to a list of principal shareholders ("Interested Parties"), which appears in Hebrew and/or English on the language in which the holdings are reported, and details regarding their holdings in absolute, relative and NIS terms.
|Comprehensive list of a company's securities|
- One can access a list of all (of a given company's securities (including non-listed securities) through its company page.
- On the company page, click the "Profile" tab.
- Click through the "List of Securities" to receive a table summarizing the company's securities.
|Derivatives market – searching future and historical expiration dates|
One can obtain future and historical expiration/exercise dates of TASE traded derivatives in the following manner:
- On the main menu, click through to Menu>Products>Derivatives Market>Products.
- Select the tab for the requested underlying asset. For example, for data regarding NIS/dollar exchange rate options, select the "Dollar" tab.
- Select the "Exercise Dates" tab
- On the page following page, select either "Future" or "Historical" dates to access the data searched.
For further inquiries, contact the TASE derivatives unit.
In order to access the charting application, one must enter the relevant "product description" page
on the website and select the "charts" tab. A screen with the following fields will appear:
- "Select Time Period" (pre-defined periods or user-defined range of dates)
- "Select Data Frequency"
- "Select Display Type"
- "Select Linkage"
- After making selections, click on "Update Chart". Comparison security/index graphs can be added in order to analyze comparative performance by selecting the relevant security or index and clicking "Display". The chart will be updated with data selected.
Comment: For expired derivatives – select the period during which the derivatives were traded to access historical data.
|Where can one find financial ratios and summary data from financial statements?|
Each TASE-listed company has a dedicated company page, which includes basic information about the company, market data on its securities, the indices in which they are included, charts and historical prices, statistics, latest filings from the MAYA website (Hebrew), etc.
Key information from a company's financial statements as well as financial ratios can be accessed through the company page under the "Profile" tag.
The financial ratios displayed include:
- Market-to-book value
- Price/Earnings ratio
- Equity/Asset ratio
- Return on Equity
Accessing a company page
- In the search box at the top of the page start typing the company name and select the icon "company" next to the completed name.
|How can one search for companies or securities according to industry or classification?|
|Accessing a TASE index page|
For each TASE index there is a summary information page. These pages can be accessed in three ways:
- Through the links on the home page by clicking through the name of the requested index:
For example, in order to view additional details regarding the TA-100 index, click on the TA-100 link.
- Through Menu> Products> Indices
This menu is divided into the following categories:
Continuing with our example, in order to view details regarding the TA-100 index, select "Market Cap Indices". For information on the TA-Technology index, select "Sector Indices".
- Through the Index Search Engine
- On the Index Search page, which can be accessed either through the Products>Indices or Market Data>Indices menus, select the requested index.
which opens the summary information page for that index.
- Click the "search" button
- On the results page, click the name of index
|How can one view an index's constituent securities? |
There are two ways in which one can view the constituent securities in a given index:
- To view key data regarding the securities included in an index, access the page for that index and select the "Index Components" tab.
- To view market data regarding an index's constituent securities, access the page for that index and select "Summary".
- To download historical prices for a given constituent security, access the company page of the constituent by clicking on the company name appearing in the table, and on the page that opens click the "Historical Prices" tab.
Should historical prices for all index constituents as a group be required, refer to one of the data vendors
dealing in TASE price data.
|Indices in which a company's securities are included|
On a "Company Page
" under the "Profile" tab one can view a table summarizing all the indices in which a company's securities are constituents("Indices" button) as well as a table providing details regarding the securities' free float ("Index Adjusted Data for Company Securities" button).
Accessing the Company Page> Profile tab from any page on the website:
- Go to "Data Search" at the top of the page and select "Company" rather than "Security" in the box to the left of the "Data Search" box.
Start keying in the name of the company and choose the name from the automatic completion list.
|Historical data on the TASE indices turnovers|
|Calculation of continuously quoted indices|
|For further information regarding the calculation of continuously quoted share price indices, click here.|
|What is "My TASE"?|
|"My TASE" is an area of the TASE website that can be personalized to cover information regarding TASE-traded securities selected by the user and/or tailor information displayed on the website's ticker tape ruler.|
|How does one access "My TASE"?|
To access "My TASE", click on the "My TASE" button, which is located on the left side of the screen above the main menu.
If you have already registered to "My TASE", enter your user name and password and click "Sign In".
You can check the "Remember me on this computer" box prior to signing into the system. Doing so will enable future entry without keying in user and password for a period of two weeks (as long as the "Logout" button in "My TASE" is not clicked).
If you have not previously registered to "My TASE", you must do so by selecting a user name and password.
- On the My TASE login screen, click the "Remind Password" button.
- On the screen which opens, key in your user name and the email address used at the time of registration to My TASE.
- A new password will be sent to your e-mail address with which you can enter the system.
- We recommend changing the password for future entry to MY TASE.
|How does one edit information in "My TASE"?|
- Click on "Update Details".
- Edit the desired changes on the screen that opens.
- After editing, click "Finish"
|How does change one's password?|
- Click the "Update Details" button.
- On the screen that opens, click on "Change Password" button.
- On the screen that opens, key in the current password and on the following line the new password. Validate the new password and click "Save".
|How does one add a security to a My TASE personal portfolio?|
Throughout the entire website, on the securities data tables and on the product description pages
, there is a "+" icon. By clicking this icon, a security will be added to your "My TASE personal portfolio" and you will be automatically directed to your portfolio on the "My TASE" site.
If you did not login into My TASE – the login screen will appear. If you have previously registered to the site, key in your user name and password and click ”Sign In". If not, you will need to complete registration by selecting a user name and password.
Securities and indices can be searched within "My TASE" through the search ruler at the top of the page or by clicking the "Add Security to My TASE" button. After clicking this button, a separate screen will appear with the search results. Click the "+" icon to add a security to your personal portfolio.
|How does one delete security from the "My TASE" personal portfolio?|
|Log in to "My TASE" and a list of all the securities included in your portfolio will appear on screen. Select the security designated for deletion and click on the "-" icon.|
|What is the "personal ticker"?|
The personal ticker is a ticker tape tailored to data in the current "My TASE" personal portfolio. That is to say, the ticker at the top of the page presents market data on the leading TASE indices together with data on the shares selected for the "My TASE" portfolio. The presentation does not include derivatives, mutual funds or indices calculated once-a-day at the end of the trading day.
To select how indices are displayed on the Personal Ticker:
- Clock on the pencil icon on the ticker or on the "Personal Ticker" tab.
- Clicking through brings up a screen on which one can select whether the standard key indices together + TA-25 shares or alternatively the shares and indices included in the My TASE personal portfolio will be displayed.
|Ex-corporate action dates and Adjusted closing prices in historical price tables and Graphs|
Price adjustments for the distribution of benefits arising from corporate actions
Record date (cum date) – the day at which day's end the list of stake holders entitled to a benefit (dividend, stock dividend, interest, etc.). This is the date on which an investor must be listed as the owner of the security in order to enjoy the benefit (dividends, rights, interest payment, etc.). The actual payment or delivery of rights date comes later, and the security holder on the record date will receive the benefit even if the securities were sold in the interim period.
Ex date – The trading day starting from which those purchasing the security is not entitled to the dividends/stock dividends, interest, rights, etc.
On the ex-date, due to the distribution of a benefit (dividend, rights, interest, etc.) to security holders, the price of the security is lowered by the amount of the gross benefit. The adjusted price (ex-price) constitutes the security's base price on the ex-date. The objective of this system is to neutralize the effect of the benefit given to the holders of securities on the TASE indices.
Ex-price calculation example
Share price before the “ex” was equal to 120 ag. Dividend of a gross 20 ag. was distributed. Share ex-price equals 120-20 = 100 ag.
Types of "ex" events
The following table summarizes the types of "ex" events indicated in the historical price data tables:
Type of ex
A share traded 'ex-dividend' (without dividend) is traded without the right to receive the dividend payment.
A share traded 'ex-dividend' (without rights) is traded without the right to receive the rights.
A bond traded 'ex-interest' (without coupon) is traded without the right to receive the interest payment.
Ex-coupon and Partial Redemption
Ex C PR
A bond included in the Tel Bond indices, traded 'ex-interest and partial redemption' (without coupon and partial redemption), is traded without the right to receive the interest payment and partial redemption.
A share traded 'ex-stock dividend' (without bonus shares) is traded without the right to receive the dividend payment, for which the record date entitling shareholders to the stock dividend was the day preceding the ex-date.
A security traded 'ex technical correction' is traded after a technical price correction, which changed the price without affecting the security's rate of return relative to the period preceding the correction.
After Consolidation/ Reduction of Capital
A security traded 'ex-equity unification/reverse split' undertaken by the company.
The ex coefficient is the fraction received by dividing the ex-price of a security by the reference price on the trading day preceding the ex date).
The coefficient enables one to compare prices and calculate the return on securities during periods in which an ex-event occurred.
Adjusted price - Historical Data and Graphs on the TASE website
On the TASE web site, security “Historical Prices” tab (not including the mutual funds), one can view the “Ex” coefficient on the ex-date as well as securities prices adjusted to the coefficient.
Security "Charts" Tab - Securities data charts (not including the mutual funds) display the adjusted closing prices. Chart data exports a spread sheet including the adj. price and the closing price.
In addition the charts enables the view of "Ex" dates by using the chart's menu > Flags > Ex Dates.
| ||Corporate Actions and Disclosures and TASE Announcements|
|Corporate Actions and Disclosures and TASE announcements |
The TASE operates a website for publishing Corporate Actions and Disclosures alongside TASE announcements ("MAYA").
The Corporate Actions website
(available in English) includes information on dividend and interest payment dates, bonds redemption data, tender offers.
Other filings of listed companies and mutual fund managers are currently available in Hebrew only.
In addition, various TASE announcements are published on Maya, such as decisions of the Board of the Directors, Changes on TASE Rules and Regulations, TASE indices component updates.
|Inquiries regarding public companies to the Israel Securities Authority|
Knafei Nesharim 22, Jerusalem 95464
|Public Affairs – Israeli Banks|
Barclays Bank PLC
Tel Aviv Platinum Building, Floor 22,
21 Ha'arba'a Street, 64739, Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv Platinum Building, Floor 11,
21 Ha'arba'a Street, 64739, Tel Aviv
HSBC Bank PLC
Beit Moses 74, Rothschild Boulevard, 6578517, Tel Aviv
Union Bank of Israel, Ltd.
6 Ahuzat Bayit Street, 6514304,Tel Aviv
Bank Otsar Ha-hayal
11 Menachem Begin Street, 5268104, Ramat Gan, P.O.B. 3506
Israel Discount Bank, Ltd.
156 Herzl Street, 6810118, Tel Aviv
Bank Hapoalim, Ltd.
50 Rothschild Blvd., 6688314, Tel Aviv
Bank of Jerusalem, ltd.
2 haNegev Street, Motorolla Building, Floor 4, Public Affairs Unit, Airport City
Bank of Israel
Bank Leumi Le-Israel, Ltd.
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank, Ltd.
P.O.B. 3450, 5213602,
Bank Massad Ltd.
Hogi House, 12, Aba Hillel Silver St., 5250606, Ramat-Gan
Mercantile Discount Bank
125 Derech Menachem Begin, 6701201, Tel Aviv
The First International Bank of Israel, Ltd
7 Itzhak Sade Street, 6777507, Tel Aviv
38 Rothschild Blvd., 6688307, Tel Aviv
|Inquiries to public companies|
|Public inquiries to TASE|
Extensive information on TASE activities can be found on the TASE website.
For an explanation regarding the structure of the website menus, click here.
For a site map, click here.
Inquiries can be submitted:
- Through the "contact us" form, which is classified according to topic.
- Telephone: 076-8160411, on TASE business days.
- Fax: 076-8160309.
- Address: 2 Ahuzat Bayit St. Tel Aviv, 6525216.
Historical data is available for payment through the "contact us" request by selecting "Historical Data"
|For technical support regarding the TASE website, call 076-8160666, on TASE business days.|
|Inquiries by public companies to TASE|
We can be contacted through the "Contact Us" form
, which is arranged according to topic.
Extensive and useful information regarding TASE activity can be found on the TASE website.
For Frequently Asked Questions for TASE-listed companies, click here
For an explanation regarding the structure of the website menus, click here
For a site map, click here